Tentative Plan of action for Dilli Chalo on Tuesday, June 6, 2017
IMA has been through several actions in the past six months. STOP NMC Sathyagraha, Two National Protest Days on violence on doctors, NO to NEXT strike in medical colleges and the National Black Day against West Bengal Clinical Establishments Act.
Apart from 3 action committee meetings 2 meetings of FOMA were conducted. Targeted intensive lobbying is planned for May. All state and local branches should form a task force with members equipped with adequate information and capacity to articulate. The Grand Finale being a massive Assembly in INDIA GATE, New Delhi on Tuesday, June 6, 2017.
1. Every state branch is required to mobilise at least 1% of its membership.
2. This may include the medical students of the state.
3. The State President and State Secretary shall be the organisers of the Dilli Chalo programme.
4. All local branches should participate.
5. The programme at INDIA GATE will be at 8 am on 06. 06. 2017 to avoid heat and traffic.
6. The assembly at INDIA GATE will be silent.
7. Participants should wear white coats and sport their stethoscopes.
8. The assembly shall move to a large indoor meeting after 11 am.
9. The meeting shall begin at 12 noon and end by 1.00 pm
10. Lunch to be served at the meeting site.
11. Participants can start leaving to the air port/ Railway stations after 2 pm.
12. Participants from the states should arrive on 05. 06.2017. All outstation participants desirous of stay arrangements in Delhi to inform the IMA HQs. about this in advance through email mentioning their name, Branch, State, Email address and Mobile No. through email at firstname.lastname@example.org to enable us to make proper arrangements for their stay and local travel.
13. Participants from DELHI can arrive in INDIA GATE by 8 am.
14. Travel will be borne by the state branches.
15. Expenses for transport in Delhi will be equally shared between IMA Hq and state branches.
16. Accommodation and food will be looked after by IMA Hq.
17. Suitable day in May will be declared as National Fund Raising Day.
18. All State branches are directed to convene emergency SWC/ action committee immediately.
IMA is initiating a signature campaign on all our issues in the social media. All doctors are invited to join. The state and local branches shall facilitate. Let us collect hundreds of thousands of signatures to tell the Government that we need justice.
No to NEXT 2.0
NEXT, though was stopped on track by All India strike by medical students on February 1st is back in reckoning. IMA launches No to NEXT 2.0. On 06 .06. 2017 all medical students, all the medical colleges in the country will go on strike and conduct protest meetings.
Pen Down Satyagraha
Pen Down Satyagraha by all doctors across India in all sectors by not giving any prescriptions for one hour between 10 am and 11 am in solidarity with Dilli Chalo movement and to save professional autonomy.
Dr K K Aggarwal Dr R N Tandon Dr R V Asokan
National President, IMA Hony Secretary General, IMA Chairman, IMA National Action Cell
- Posted By Indian Medical Association
Event Start on 06/06/2017 End on 06/06/2017
Event Theme : Dilli Chalo - June 6, 2017
Event Hosted By : IMA
Event Venue : IMA