Minutes of the 42nd National TB Cell Meeting Held at IMA House, Delhi on 9th November 2014
The meeting began with silent prayer followed by flag salutation.
Dr. Jitendra Bhai Patel chaired the meeting. Regrets were received from Hony Secretary General and NWG members Dr Oommen George, Dr. Rakesh Gupta and Dr. Shiv Sunder Utture on their inability to attend this meeting.
National President said this meeting will review our own work and plan further for proper implementation of the project, and its extension. As IMA is committed to support the country in the eradication of this dangerous disease, lot of work has to be completed as per the timeline. Many of the project states are working really well, where as a few states need motivation and regular communication for prominent contribution to the national programme. Continuous fund flow from concerned authorities in GOI and GFATM will help the project to move faster and in right direction. Within IMA, there is a deficiency in the accounts department and it needs improvement.
The minutes of the 41st National TB cell were confirmed. The minutes of the Finance and Technical Sub Committees which met on 19th Oct 2014 were taken on record and adopted.(annexure to the minutes of the 41st National TB cell meeting) The minutes of the meeting of IMPACT held on 6th November 2014 at Trivandrum were taken on record and adopted.(Annexure to the minutes of 41st National TB cell meeting)
National Coordinator Dr.Gutta Suresh started the discussion and National TB Cell decided:
a) Dr S Dutta Choudhury proposed that as an experimental measure the Tech.consultant of Bengal Unit 2, may be delegated with the responsibility of collecting notifications from the corporate hospitals in the city of Kolkata. He mentioned that it was discussed with office bearers of IMA Bengal TB Cell. The proposal is accepted as a pilot study, with immediate effect and till the 31st March 2015.
This alteration is limited only to collection of notifications from corporate hospitals of Kolkata, and till 31st March 2015.
PAN ASIAN COALIATION:The National TB cell discussed the PAN Asian coalition of Professional medical Associations .It took note of the announcement of STOP TB ASIAN Coalition by WHO STOP TB partnership in Barcelona that Dr Narender Saini had been appointed as its Chairman, and congratulated him. The National TB cell recorded its opinion on the issue:
1. The nomination appears to be in individual capacity. The role of IMA as an organisation has to be clarified.
2. IMA should concentrate on bringing together the Asian Medical Professional Associations together for TB care and control. Dilution of this effort by involving other stakeholders will dilute IMA’s core competency.
3. The permanent secretariat of the coalition should be in IMA Headquarters with IMA National coordinator as the convenor by designation.
Meeting ended with a vote of thanks by Dr. Suresh, National Coordinator (TB).
(Dr. Suresh Gutta), National Coordinator( TB), IMA
AGENDA, 43rd National TB Cell meeting on 28thth Dec. 2014, AHMEDABAD
1) Flag invocation & Silent Prayer
2) Opening remarks of National President & HSG
3) Confirmation of minutes of 42nd NTB meeting
4) Submission of SOEs & Audit reports – reg
5) Financial issues – Fund flow
6) Appointment of Internal Auditor
7) Extension of the project
8) National Workshop
9) Review of Project Performance on indicators - unit wise & cumulative from 1st Feb
10) Dedicated Newsletter
12) Date of 44th meeting of NTB (? 8th Feb.2015)
13) Any other matter with the permission of the Chair
14) Vote of thanks