All 1700 branches are requested to open weekly adolescent clinic and focus on mental, reproductive & life style health. Adolescence covers 22% of the population and is the period of rapid physical growth, sexual and psychological changes..
development, Acne etc.
· Habits and behaviour picked up during adolescence (risk taking behaviour, substance abuse, eating habits, conflict resolution) have lifelong impact.
· 70% of the mortality in adulthood is linked to these habits picked up during adolescence
· Adolescence is the last chance to correct the growth lag and malnutrition.
· Prevailing malnutrition, anaemia, stunting and lack of immunization have adverse impact on MMR, IMR, morbidity and have intergenerational effects.
· Stunted adolescent getting married giving rise to a low birth baby, that too female, again unable to develop or develop in to a stunted female and the cycle keeps on repeating
· A large number of adolescents are still unimmunized.