Preamble: As member of Indian medical Association and as qualified physician, the conduct of a registered Medical Graduate is governed by the Ethics and the regulations pronounced by Indian medical Council Act 1956.
As very important part of society and nation building:
1. I have read & agreed to abide by regulations under Indian Medical Council act, especially Professional, Etiquette & Ethics) Regulations 2002 and its subsequent amendments.
2. I solemnly pledge myself to consecrate my life to the service of humanity & maintain utmost respect for human life from the time of its conception.
3. I shall practice my profession with utmost conscience & dignity.
4. I shall extend my teachers & fellow colleagues respect and gratitude legitimately due to them.
5. I shall respect the privacy & secrets of my patients that are confided in me for professional reasons.
6. I shall honour the autonomy of my patients to make decisions.
7. I shall uphold both beneficence & non-malfeasance in treating my patients.
8. I shall respect human dignity, esteem, prestige, rights & fundamental freedom of all my patients
9. I shall take both informed consent & inform refusal from my patient towards any medical or surgical treatment.
10. I shall hold diligent regards to cultural diversity and pluralism.
11. I shall protect individual & groups of special vulnerability & respect the personal integrity of such individual and groups as the case may be.
12. I am committed to ensure that the selective sex selection is stopped at all levels and by all means.
13. I shall faithfully comply with all the Regulatory and Statutory stipulations.
14. I shall not accept any gifts, pecuniary benefits or gratification from the pharmaceutical companies, equipment suppliers and diagnostic centers or similar agencies.
15. I shall not indulge in any activities that are immoral, unethical or illegal in the eyes of the applicable governing laws and also the prudence.